At a glance
I have 30 years of experience in the information systems market, I have been designing and supervising implementations for 20 years, I have been researching information and systems modeling for 15 years, am also an academic teaching experience. I have been auditing organizations and designing solutions for many years. I teach others how to do it effectively, I help teams of junior analysts and designers.
Trainings in Scotland, theory and practice
Business Analysis and Object-Oriented Software Analisis and Design. Standard stages:
- business process analysis (BPMN notation): Computation Independent Model,
- project scope analysis: mapping Activities to Use Case (BPMN, UML Use Case diagram),
- use case design: scenarios, GUI data forms and architecture (UML activity and inteaction diagram, UML Composite Structure Diagram), Platform Independent Diagram,
- complete system domain model and system integrations (UML class diagram, state-machine diagram, activity diagram),
- document-oriented system, NoSQL database, cloud solutions, microservoces, microapplicatin, components (with UML).
Software analysis and design with UML
- object oriented paradigm definition
- object, class and classifier: what the difference
- abstract layers defined by the MOF (Meta Object Facility)
- Model Based Architecture: CIM, PIM and PSM models
- Unified Modeling Language (UML, based on the original specyfication)
- Model View Controller: the main architecture pattern
- How to model an application: Use Case oriented methods
Business process analysis and modeling with BPMN
- Business Process Management (BPM) – foundations
- enterprice as a system
- business process oriented organisation
- Business Process Modeling Notation – analitycal models vs. common executable
- Business Process Modeling Notation – business process modeling
- how to model organization with BPMN: processes vs. procedures
- other tools: RACI, CRUD, Decision Tables, business rules (SBVR notation)
How to design systems with Visual Paradigm: CASE system in use
Visual Paradigm is a CASE Tool supporting UML 2, SysML, SBVR, BPMN from the Object Management Group. In addition to modeling support, it provides report generation and code engineering capabilities including code generation.
- basic fuctions in menu, how to navigate and drawing figures
- how to organizing project repository
- impact analysis and tracebility – model controll
- generation of documents – style and keywords
You can design personal agenda for your team, 1000 GBP/day/class group (in your premise, ask about CityCenter in Aberdeen).
My areas of competence
Object Oriented Analysis and Design with Unified Modeling Language (OOAD with UML
- Object oriented paradigm: understanding and use
- MOF (Meta Object Facilities) as foundation of UML notation .
- UML notation: using for modeling object oriented systems .
- Model-View Controller (MVC) pattern: what is it domain Model in OOAD.
- OOAD: how we use UML diagrams and for what. Practice. (Use Case diagram and use case scenario, sequence diagram, class diagram: separate architecture, vocabulary and data types, state machine diagram, activity diagram, data types in UML/OOAD).
- Document and mock-up modeling with UML composite structure diagram as a classes , NoSQL – document-oriented database ,
- Model Driven Architecture
- More abut used methods and tools: see on one of my papers.
Business Process Management and Business Modeling with BPMN and SBVR
- Business Process Management, definitions and scope .
- BPMN notation: using for business process documentation, analysis and design, optimization . Descriptive and Analytic models.
- BPMN and other auxiliary tools .
- SBVR vocabulary and rules as a business logic description
Business analysis, requirements gathering – model driven approach
- Incompleteness problem in textual requirements specifications .
- Model as a requirements
- Disciplined agile methods , agile modeling
- Use Case 2.0
- Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) .
I offer high-quality services in the field of business analysis, requirements specification, and software architecture design. All my works are based on Model Driven Architecture approach (MDA) . It means each analysis include: business analysis work stage (Computation Independent Model design, CIM), requirements specification stage (Use Case model and scenario design, as a needed application services specification), and solution design as a technical description of (Platform Independent Model design, PIM) .
I use MBSE methods (see INCOSE page). As an analyst and designer, I need a domain expert person to work (as an authorized domain knowledge provider).
I use the latest proven methods. As a researcher and academic lecturer, I have theoretical knowledge too and I know the latest software engineering trends. Thru the last 30 years, I have had many succeed in doing projects for private and public companies.
I’m an experienced user of one of the best CASE software (full range Visual-Paradigm CASE software since 2005), if you need any help how to use CASE systems, how to do modeling in UML, BPMN, SysML, and so on, ask me about the workshop.
Keywords: Enterprise Architect, Business Analyst, Design Authority, Solution Designer, Solutions Architect.
- See Summary and condition page.
- Communication in project see Communication and work.
- More about me, see Jaroslaw Zelinski page.
- Any additional question? Fill the Contact Form.