At a glance
Are you in a company planning to start the implementation of software? Do you need documentation of your business needs and business logic, architecture specification? Do you need software vendor supervision? My skills are:
- analysing domain fields of scope and designing the document-oriented data structure
- analysing business processes, business logic and designing software architecture (using patterns e.g. Domain-Driven Design, microservices, web services in clouds, e.t.c., )
- supervising development teams
I have 30 years of experience in the information systems market, I have been designing and supervising implementations for 20 years, I have been researching information and systems modelling for 15 years, am also an academic teaching experience. I have been auditing organizations and designing solutions for many years. I teach others how to do it effectively, I help teams of junior and senior analysts and designers.
Typical responsibilities in projects:
- Lead the requirements gathering phase and the solution design activity (both business and functional analysis).
- Support the IT strategy and roadmap definition.
- Elaborate on the functional solution, which includes the IT architecture, IT functional logic, data modelling migration approach and integration (interface) solutions.
- Provide further support in the implementation, testing and deployment activities of concerned projects.
- Determine data migration strategies and plays a key role in defining the most optimal solution.
- Assist in the elaboration of Request for Proposal documents and in its evaluation
- High-Level Assessments in order to provide high-level solution design and investments behind
- Detailed End-To-End (E2E) solution covering IT/Network (including integration with other systems) and identified impacted E2E processes
- Provided solution designs to be agreed upon and approved with Product Owners as well as with other business stakeholders
- Written User-Stories per delivery blocks and further follow-up/support to the implementation team
Questions and short general consultations on analysis and design methods are free of charge!
Training in Scotland, theory and practice
Business Analysis and Object-Oriented Software Analisis and Design. Standard stages:
- Business Analysis and Workflow Design Using BPMN and SBVR.
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design Using UML.
- Modelling Knowledge (vocabulary and rules, ontology).
- Document-Oriented System, NoSQL Database, Cloud Solutions.
Software analysis and design with UML
- object-oriented paradigm definition
- object, class and classifier: what the difference
- abstract layers defined by the MOF (Meta Object Facility)
- Model-Based Architecture: CIM, PIM and PSM models
- Unified Modeling Language (UML, based on the original specification)
- Model View Controller: the main architecture pattern
- How to model an application: Use Case oriented methods
Business process analysis and modeling with BPMN
- Business Process Management (BPM) – foundations
- enterprise as a system
- business process-oriented organisation
- Business Process Modeling Notation – analytical models vs. common executable
- Business Process Modeling Notation – business process modelling
- how to model organization with BPMN: processes vs. procedures
- other tools: RACI, CRUD, Decision Tables, business rules (SBVR notation)
How to design systems with Visual Paradigm: CASE system in use
Visual Paradigm is a CASE Tool supporting UML 2, SysML, SBVR, BPMN from the Object Management Group. In addition to modelling support, it provides report generation and code engineering capabilities including code generation.
- basic functions in the menu, how to navigate and draw figures
- how to organise project repository
- impact analysis and traceability – model control
- generation of documents – style and keywords
You can design personal agenda for your team, 1000 GBP/day/class group (in your premise, ask about CityCenter in Aberdeen).
My areas of competence
Object-Oriented Analysis and Design with Unified Modeling Language (OOAD with UML
- Object oriented paradigm: understanding and use
- MOF (Meta Object Facilities) as foundation of UML notation .
- UML notation: using for modeling object oriented systems .
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern: what is it domain Model in OOAD.
- OOAD: how do we use UML diagrams and for what. Practice. (Use Case diagram and use case scenario, sequence diagram, class diagram: separate architecture, vocabulary and data types, state machine diagram, activity diagram, data types in UML/OOAD).
- Document and mock-up modeling with UML composite structure diagram as a classes , NoSQL – document-oriented database ,
- Model Driven Architecture
- More about used methods and tools: see on one of my papers.
Business Process Management and Business Modeling with BPMN and SBVR
- Business Process Management, definitions and scope .
- BPMN notation: using for business process documentation, analysis and design, optimization . Descriptive and Analytic models.
- BPMN and other auxiliary tools .
- SBVR vocabulary and rules as a business logic description
Business analysis, requirements gathering – model-driven approach
- Incompleteness problem in textual requirements specifications .
- Model as a requirements
- Disciplined agile methods , agile modeling
- Use Case 2.0
- Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) .
I offer high-quality services in the field of business analysis, requirements specification, and software architecture design. All my works are based on Model Driven Architecture approach (MDA) . It means each analysis include: the business analysis work stage (Computation Independent Model design, CIM), requirements specification stage (Use Case model and scenario design, as a needed application services specification), and solution design as a technical description of (Platform Independent Model design, PIM) .
I use MBSE methods (see INCOSE page). As an analyst and designer, I need a domain expert person to work (as an authorized domain knowledge provider).
I use the latest proven methods. As a researcher and academic lecturer, I have theoretical knowledge too and I know the latest software engineering trends. Thru the last 30 years, I have had many succeed in doing projects for private and public companies.
I’m an experienced user of one of the best CASE software (full range Visual-Paradigm CASE software since 2005), if you need any help on how to use CASE systems, how to do modelling in UML, BPMN, SysML, and so on, ask me about the workshop.
Keywords: Enterprise Architect, Business Analyst, Design Authority, Solution Designer, Solutions Architect.
- See Summary and condition page.
- Communication in the project sees Communication and work.
- For more about me, see Jaroslaw Zelinski page.
- Any additional question? Fill the Contact Form.